Becoming an Internet search expert
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO — Formerly titled “The Advanced Internet Searcher’s Handbook,” the new fourth edition of the bestselling “Expert Internet Searching” is Phil Bradley’s no-nonsense guide to the tools for finding the right information more quickly and effectively than ever before. Benefiting casual searchers and expert information retrievers alike, this new edition, published by Facet Publishing and available through the ALA Store, has been rewritten from scratch, offering readers the information and guidance they need to choose the right search tools and strategies for each information query. Bradley introduces the best search engines and tools and explains how to get the most out of them, providing information that will make readers even better searchers than they already are. Among the topics covered:
- An introduction to the Internet and search engines;
- The Google experience and other free-text search engines;
- Directory- and category-based search engines;
- Multi- and meta-search engines;
- Social media search engines;
- Visual searching;
- Finding people;
- People-based resources;
- Academic and other specialized search engines;
- News-based search engines;
- Multimedia search engines;
- Sample searches with hints and tips on better searching, plus search utilities and resources to make life easier;
- A look at the future of search.
Bradley is a renowned information specialist, Internet consultant and conference speaker specializing in search. He is one of Microsoft's "Search Champs," providing them with feedback on their developments in search technology. He creates and designs webpages and also trains and writes on all aspects of search and the internet with a column in Update magazine. His other publications include “How to Use Web 2.0 in Your Library,” now in its second edition.
Facet Publishing, the commercial publishing and bookselling arm of CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals, is the leading publisher of books for library and information professionals worldwide. ALA Store purchases fund advocacy, awareness and accreditation programs for library professionals worldwide. Contact us at (800) 545-2433 ext. 5052 or email@example.com.