Author signings, ARCs and more at 'Spotlight on Adult Literature' at Midwinter
For Immediate Release
Marketing/Public Relations Specialist
United for Libraries
PHILADELPHIA — United for Libraries, along with ALA Conference Services, will sponsor “Spotlight on Adult Literature” from 2 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 25 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center Exhibit Hall at the 2014 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia.
Participating publishers will host book and galley giveaways, author signings and more.
- Consortium Book Sales & Distribution (booth 411) will feature galley giveaways, including two spring 2014 titles: “Ancient Oceans of Central Kentucky” by David C. Nahm from Two Dollar Radio, and "The Boy in His Winter" by Norman Lock from Bellevue Literary Press.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (booth 609) will give away ARCs, including “Wonderland” by Stacey D’Erasmo; “A Sliver of Light” by Shane Bauer, Josh Fattal and Sarah Shourd, and “The Outcast Dead” by Elly Griffiths.
- Macmillan Adult (booth 622) will host a signing by Jon McGoran (“Drift”), and there will be giveaways of ARCS and books.
- Hachette Book Group (booth 630) will host ARC giveaways, including Tom Rob Smith’s “The Farm,” Joshua Ferris’ “To Rise Again at a Decent Hour” and “The Girl with All the Gifts” by M.J. Carey.
- Perseus Books Group (booth 640) will host a signing by Maria Andreu (“The Secret Life of Empty”) at 2 p.m., and at 2:30 p.m., Haroon K. Ullah will sign copies of “The Bargain from the Bazaar.”
- Algonquin (booth 740) will host ARC giveaways, including “The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry” by Gabrielle Zevin, “Kicking the Sky” by Anthony Da Sa, “The Transcriptionist” by Amy Rowland, “The Late Starters Orchestra” by Ari Goldman, and “My Accidental Jihad” by Krista Bremer.
- At W.W. Norton & Co. (booth 748),Tom Bouman will sign ARCs of “Dry Bones in the Valley.” ARC giveaways will include “Blood Will Out” by Walter Kirn, “The Last Kind Words Saloon” by Larry McMurtry and “The UnAmericans” by Molly Antopol.
- At Random House LLC (booth 831), Jennifer McMahon will sign AREs of The Winter People from 2-3 p.m., and Kieran Shea will sign AREs of “Koko Takes a Holiday” from 3-4 p.m. There will be galley giveaways of “The Divorce Papers” by Susan Rieger, “I’ll Be Right There” by Kyung-sook Shin, “The Lost Sisterhood” by Anne Fortier and “The Shadow Queen” by Sandra Gulland.
- Penguin Group (booth 935) will feature Sharon Kay Penman and Beverly Swerling, who will sign copies of “A King’s Ransom” and “Bristol House” from 3-4 p.m., and there will be ARC giveaways from 2-4 p.m.
For complete details on the event and on United for Libraries programs and meetings at the ALA Midwinter Meeting, visit www.ala.org/united/events_conferences/midwinter.
United for Libraries: The Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations, is a division of the American Library Association that supports those who govern, promote, advocate, and fundraise for libraries. United for Libraries brings together library trustees, advocates, friends and foundations into a partnership that creates a powerful force for libraries in the 21st century. For more information or to join United for Libraries, visit the United for Libraries website or contact Jillian Kalonick at (312) 280-2161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.