Official 2013 Teens’ Top Ten titles announced
For Immediate Release
Young Adult Library Services Association
CHICAGO — The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA), a division of the American Library Association (ALA) has announced the official 2013 Teens’ Top Ten titles.
Voting for the 2013 Teens’ Top Ten took place from Aug. 15 through Teen Read Week, Oct. 13- 19, with more than 32,000 votes cast. This year, there were 28 nominees that competed for the “top ten” list. The official 2013 Teens’ Top Ten titles can be found below and are also featured in a video announcement at http://www.ala.org/yalsa/reads4teens/.
The official 2013 Teens’ Top Ten titles are as follows:
- "Code Name Verity" by Elizabeth Wein (Disney/Hyperion)
- "The False Prince" by Jennifer A. Nielsen (Scholastic/Scholastic Press)
- "Insurgent" by Veronica Roth (Harper Collins/Katherine Tegen Books)
- "Pushing the Limits" by Katie McGarry (Harlequin Teen)
- "Poison Princess" by Kresley Cole (Simon & Schuster)
- "The Raven Boys" by Maggie Stiefvater (Scholastic/Scholastic Press)
- "Crewel" by Gennifer Albin (Macmillan/Farrar Straus Giroux)
- "Every Day" by David Levithan (Random House/Alfred A. Knopf)
- "Kill Me Softly" by Sarah Cross (Egmont)
- "Butter" by Erin Jade Lange (Bloomsbury)
The Teens' Top Ten is a "teen choice" list, with teens nominating and choosing their favorite books of the previous year. Nominators are members of teen book groups in 16 school and public libraries around the country. Nominations are posted on Celebrate Teen Literature Day during National Library Week and teens across the country vote on their favorite titles between August and October. For more information about the Teens’ Top Ten, please visit http://www.ala.org/yalsa/teens-top-ten.
For more than 50 years, YALSA has worked to build the capacity of libraries and librarians to engage, serve and empower teens. For more information about YALSA or to access national guidelines and other resources go to www.ala.org/yalsa, or contact the YALSA office by phone, (800) 545-2433, ext. 4390; or e-mail, email@example.com.