European libraries and how they see their roles, in new American Libraries Live episode
For Immediate Release
American Library Association
CHICAGO — How do some of Europe's top libraries see the role of the library and the librarian? That’s the topic of discussion in the upcoming American Libraries Live, a free, streaming video broadcast that you can view from your home, library or on-the-go. Please tune in at 2 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, Oct. 10 for this 60-minute discussion, when we’ll be joined by:
- Hans van Velzen from the Amsterdam Public Library
- Paola Manoni from the Vatican Library
- Frédérique Manning from the City of Paris Library Network
- Eric Conderaerts from Infor
Our panel will address such topics as:
- ways libraries can engage visitors and drive the continued relevance of the library as a cultural institution;
- how the library interacts or interfaces with other public institutions;
- the most effective methods for marketing library services to the public;
- technologies that European libraries use to enhance the user experience;
- online interfaces European libraries use to reach library users.
Infor is proud to sponsor this episode of AL Live. The Infor Public Sector solution portfolio helps you do more with less, keeps your focus on service and constituent satisfaction, streamlines your decision-making, and yields more efficient and effective government. Infor Libraries offers a suite of products that redefine the user experience, provide access to quality information, manage customer relationships, gain insight into trends, and create an engaging online environment. For more information about Infor and its library products, visit go.infor.com/libraries.
AL Live is an immediate and effective way to get to the heart of the real issues in our industry. With the help of real-time technology, it’s like having your own expert on-hand. We look forward to your joining us. To receive e-mail reminders, register at http://goo.gl/ZeSRX2, or go to www.americanlibrarieslive.org at the time of the event. If you’re unable to attend live, this event will be recorded and available at www.americanlibrarieslive.org shortly after it concludes.
For information about advertising or sponsoring an AL Live event, contact: Doug Lewis, American Libraries magazine, email@example.com, (770) 333-1281. For general information or press inquiries about AL Live, contact: Jill Hillemeyer, Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (312) 280-5418.