LLAMA webinar explores multimedia production spaces in libraries
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO — We’ve all heard the trendy term MakerSpace, but for many libraries these creative spaces have been around for a while in other forms and with other names. Today’s video culture necessitates that part of a MakerSpace be focused on the creation of multimedia: any combination of video, audio, Web design and graphics. The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) will present "Multimedia Spaces: Creating a Culture of Creativity" from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Central time on Wednesday, October 2 . This webinar will focus on what library leaders need to know in order to create and showcase multimedia spaces and services as assets to the library and to the community/campus.
Presenter Shelly McCoy is librarian and head of the Student Multimedia Design Center at the University of Delaware Library. She also chairs ALA’s popular Video Round Table (VRT) online Multimedia Production Discussion Group. She draws on this experience to present a well-informed picture of successful multimedia production areas in libraries.
Participants will gain:
- Perspective on the academic and cultural need to have such a space in the library;
- Knowledge about the minimum space, equipment, hardware, software, and staffing requirements to have such an area;
- Multiple levels of service implementation ideas;
- Insight into how adding an instruction and/or multimedia literacy program component can affect such a space and the community it is in;
- Perspective on what it means to work in and manage this type of MakerSpace;
- Learn from challenges, lessons learned, and future of these spaces.
LLAMA member: $49
Non-LLAMA member $59
LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199
Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
For questions about this webinar or other LLAMA programs, contact Fred Reuland. firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Library Leadership and Management Association
The Library Leadership and Management Association (www.ala.org/llama) advances outstanding leadership and management practices in library and information services by encouraging and nurturing individual excellence in current and aspiring library leaders. LLAMA is a division of the American Library Association.