Nominating committee seeks candidates
For Immediate Release
Director, Office of ALA Governance
Office of ALA Governance
CHICAGO — The ALA 2014 Nominating Committee reminds all interested ALA members that the deadline for completing the candidate biographical form is quickly approaching – the form will close on Aug. 16. The committee is soliciting nominees to run on the 2014 spring ballot for the offices of ALA president-elect and councilor-at-large.
The Nominating Committee will select two candidates to run for president-elect and no fewer than 51 candidates for the 34 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2014 spring election.
The president-elect will serve a three-year term: as president-elect in 2014-2015, as president in 2015-2016 and as immediate past president in 2016-2017.
The councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2014 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2017 Annual Conference.
The ALA president and councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA). Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Members who wish to make nominations should submit the following information: nominee name; present position; institution; address; telephone; fax; and email address. Self-nominations are encouraged. The Committee will also consider as nominees any current councilors who wish to continue their service to the Association. All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form.
Nominations and forms must be received no later than Aug. 16, 2013.
Nominations may be sent to any member of the 2014 Nominating Committee. Committee members are:
- Stephen Matthews, librarian, Foxcroft School Currier Library, Middleburg, Va, (540) 687-4422, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nick Buron, director, Community Library Services , Queens Library , Jamaica , N.Y., (718) 990-8545, email NickBuron.ALA@gmail.com
- John DeSantis, cataloging and metadata Services librarian, Dartmouth College, Hanover , N.H., (603) 646-0413, Email email@example.com
- Nancy Everhart, associate professor, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla., (850) 644-8122, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adriene Lim, dean, University Libraries, Oakland University, Rochester, Mch., (248) 370-2486, email email@example.com
- Andrew Pace, executive director, Networked Library Services, OCLC, Dublin, Ohio, (614) 764-6435, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eva Poole, chief of staff, District of Columbia Public Library, Washington, D.C., (202) 727-4919, email email@example.com
- Karen Schneider, university librarian, Cushing Library, Holy Names University, Oakland, Calif., (510) 436-1160, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kendall Wiggin, state librarian, Connecticut State Library, Hartford, Conn., (860) 757-6510, email Kendall.Wiggin@ct.gov