LLAMA webinar presents road map for facilities design
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO — The bricks and mortar of libraries are seemingly permanent, yet the activities and services they are designed to deliver have been radically transformed in recent years. More change is on the horizon as the digital era progresses and libraries respond to the shifting needs of their users.
The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) will present “Look at the Road Map for Direction: a unique approach to facilities planning” from 1:30 to 3 p.m. (Central time) on Wednesday, July 17. This webinar will present the planning process Clemson University Library undertook to dramatically revise how it uses the space they manage. The story of how they put together a plan to meet different needs can serve as a useful case study for any library needing to rethink its use of space.
Presenters: Kay L. Wall, dean of libraries, Clemson University, Clemson, S.C. and David Moore (AIA) McMillan/Pazdan/Smith Architecture, Greenville, S.C.
Primary audience: library administrators, with concentration on buildings and facility design/management
- Receive criteria and learn the steps needed to organizing their own “Creative Inquiry Teams,” comprised of students, faculty and administration officials, and learn ways to solicit valuable and relevant information that will define their facility’s direction;
- Learn the difference between the “Road Map” approach vs. the traditional “Master Plan” approach to planning and learn the steps needed to implement their own facility specific “Road Map”;
- Discover strategies and recommendations for unlocking additional, underutilized space in their own buildings;
- Learn how to identify common mistakes that lead to inefficiencies and how to eliminate them;
- Learn how to assess whether off-site repository strategies make sense for their library/campus; and learn the how-to steps needed to assess if such an approach will benefit the physical qualities of their on-campus library.
LLAMA member: $49
Non-LLAMA member $59
LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199
Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
For questions about this webinar or other LLAMA programs, contact Fred Reuland. firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Library Leadership and Management Association
The Library Leadership and Management Association (www.ala.org/llama) advances outstanding leadership and management practices in library and information services by encouraging and nurturing individual excellence in current and aspiring library leaders. LLAMA is a division of the American Library Association