Handy Tech Tools for Library Outreach
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO - ALA TechSource announces a new workshop, Handy Tech Tools for Library Outreach with Sarah Ludwig. This workshop will take place on Wednesday, June 19. Each part will last 90 minutes.
- Ways to freshen up your social media outreach with creative uses of Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest;
- What new tools such as Scoop.it, Learnist, Weebly and Branch can do for you;
- How to use Twitter to highlight new acquisitions and resources;
- How to draw attention to your programs by choosing the right tool for your audience;
- Understanding your options and planning strategically.
Registration for this ALA TechSource Workshop is available on the ALA Store at both individual and group rates. This workshop will take place on Wednesday, June 19, will last 90 minutes and will start at 2:30 p.m. Eastern/1:30 p.m. Central/12:30 p.m. Mountain/11:30 a.m. Pacific
For pricing on bulk registrations in excess of $1,000, please contact the ALA Store.
Sarah Ludwig is the library department chair and academic technology coordinator at Hamden Hall Country Day School, Conn. and former teen and reference librarian at Darien Library. She is an instructor for Simmons College’s continuing education program and has spoken at both local and national conferences. Author of "Starting from Scratch: Building a Teen Library Program," she blogs for ALA TechSource and writes for VOYA’s Tag Team Tech Column. She was selected as an ALA Emerging Leader in 2010.
ALA TechSource Workshops are designed to give you and your staff the opportunity to participate in a hands‐on learning experience that will help you make the best technology decisions for your library.
ALA Store purchases fund advocacy, awareness, and accreditation programs for library professionals worldwide.