PHILADELPHIA — United for Libraries, along with ALA Conference Services, will sponsor a Spotlight on Adult Literature from 2 to 4 p.m. Pacific time on Saturday, Jan. 26 at the Washington State Convention Center Exhibit Hall at the 2013 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Seattle.
Participating publishers will host book and galley giveaways, author signings and more.
- Arsenal Pulp Press/Consortium (booth 1003) will host an author signing by David H.T. Wong ("Escape to Gold Mountain").
- Perseus Books Group (booth 1009) will host an author signing by Rory Freedman ("Beg: A Radical New Way of Regarding Animals") and galley giveaways.
- W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. (booth 2409) will host ARC giveaways, including "The Obituary Writer" by Ann Hood.
- Penguin Group (USA) (booth 2423) will host signings with Sarah Jio and Patricia Bracewell, Christina Dodd and Lauren Dane, as well as ARC giveaways.
- Macmillan (booth 2435) will give away forthcoming titles including "Rage Against the Dying" by Becky Masterman.
- Workman Publishing Co./Algonquin Books (booth 2512) will host an author signing by Jill McCorkle ("Life After Life").
- Random House (booth 2531) will host a Sasquatch Books Meet & Greet; John Skewes from the Larry Get Lost series will create personalized cartoons for attendees, and Lorraine McConaghy will sign copies of "New Land North of the Columbia: Historic Documents that Tell the Story of Washington State."
- Hachette Book Group (booth 2705) will give away copies of "Red Moon" by Benjamin Percy and "Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson.
For complete details on the event and on United for Libraries programs and meetings at the ALA Midwinter Meeting, visit www.ala.org/united/events_conferences/midwinter.
United for Libraries: The Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations, is a division of the American Library Association that supports citizens who govern, promote, advocate, and fundraise for libraries. United for Libraries brings together library Trustees, advocates, friends, and foundations into a partnership that creates a powerful force for libraries in the 21st century. For more information or to join United for Libraries, visit the United for Libraries website or contact Jillian Kalonick at (312) 280-2161 or email@example.com.