2013 ALA Annual Conference registration and housing now open
For Immediate Release
Conference /Events Coordinator
Conference Services (CONF)3229
CHICAGO — Visit the 2013 ALA Annual Conference website to register and reserve housing.
Key issues covered at 2013 ALA Annual Conference and Exhibition in Chicago, June 27-July 2 will include digital content and e-books, technology in libraries, innovation, books and authors, transformation, leadership, library advocacy, community engagement, library marketing and more. New information and content are added to the ALA Annual Conference website, and you can also keep up at #ala2013 (Twitter) and at bit.ly/ala2013fb (the Facebook Event page).
Attendees will benefit from:
- 500+ programs, discussions and sessions on hot topics;
- Free access for full registrants to all programs that are recorded—new!
- Memorable speakers and events, including best-selling authors Khaled Hosseini and Temple Grandin, Congressman John Lewis, award-winning education writer Jonathan Kozol, founder of wordnik.com, Erin McKean, Visual Thinking Strategies Executive Director Oren Slozberg, leadership expert Karol M. Wasylyshyn, and Lee Rainie, director of the Pew Internet and American Life Project;
- 800+ exhibitors highlighting new and favorite titles, products and services and related fun events at exhibit hall stages and pavilions—and dozens of authors;
- Preconferences offering in-depth professional development;
- Key policy, research and other updates from leading institutions and offices;
- In-depth, facilitated and informal conversations on advancing library-led community engagement and practical steps, strategies and tools;
- Library Unconference on Friday, Library Camp on Monday and Networking Uncommons for impromptu sessions, follow-up conversations and small get-togethers;
- ALA JobLIST Placement Center connecting job seekers and employers, and offering free career counseling;
- Celebrations of the 75th anniversary of the Caldecott Medal, with the participation of high-profile experts and children’s book illustrators including Paul O. Zelinsky, Brian Selznick, Jerry Pinkney, Erin Stead, Chris Raschka, and Eric Rohmann;
- The amazing city of Chicago!
Anyone needing an Annual Conference overview or to show how they’ll be more valuable to their institution after Annual Conference can use the “Making your case to attend” resources, with a four-page overview, guidelines for what information to present, what previous attendees have said about what they took home, a sample budget worksheet and more.
Register and book housing for 2013 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition.
2013 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition. Transforming our libraries, ourselves.