Insight and innovation in academic and professional publishing
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO — Bringing together expert publishing professionals to provide insight into industry developments, “Academic and Professional Publishing,” published by Chandos Publishing and available through Neal-Schuman Publishers, details the challenges content providers face and the cutting-edge processes and procedures used to meet them. Edited by Robert Campbell, Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Ed Pentz, CrossRef, and Ian Borthwick, IET Standards, UK, this book provides a comprehensive look at what publishers do, how they work to add value and what the future may bring. Through a mix of theory, case studies and hard-won knowledge, seasoned contributors from across the field cover such topics as:
- Peer-review, the scholarly ecosystem and the future of journal publishing;
- The digital revolution, open access (OA) and the impact of external forces;
- Publishing and communication strategies;
- Business models, finances and sales;
- Editorial and production workflows and electronic publishing standards;
- Citation, bibliometrics and user experience;
- The evolving role of libraries;
- Ethics and integrity;
- Licensing, marketing, and legal and copyright aspects;
- Relationship management and issues of trust in academic and professional publishing;
- Career development.
Campbell is senior publisher at Wiley-Blackwell Publishing and is Chair of the Publishing Research Consortium (PRC); he is also a former chair of the International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP), the International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers (STM) and CrossRef.
Pentz is executive director of CrossRef and is a board member of the Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) initiative, the International DOI Foundation and the UK Serials Group (UKSG).
Borthwick is a portfolio development manager at IET Standards Limited, UK, and is the Under-35 STM board member serving from 2008 to 2014.
ALA Store purchases fund advocacy, awareness and accreditation programs for library professionals worldwide. Founded in 1976 by Patricia Glass Schuman and John Vincent Neal, Neal-Schuman Publishers, now an imprint of ALA Publishing, publishes professional books for librarians, archivists, and knowledge managers. Contact us at (800) 545-2433 ext. 5418 or email@example.com.