Friends of the Library groups recognized with United for Libraries’ Best Friends Awards
For Immediate Release
PHILADELPHIA —Nine Friends of the Library groups have received Best Friends Awards from United for Libraries.
Best Friends Awards are given to Friends groups for outstanding publicity and marketing materials that promote the group and its programs and projects. The awards do not evaluate the type or scope of Friends programs; rather, they evaluate the quality of the print and electronic materials used to promote Friends programs. Award categories include print newsletters, membership, digital publicity, program/special project publicity and fundraisers/book sales.
Winning groups receive a certificate and are recognized in the United for Libraries newsletter, The Voice. Winning materials are posted on the United for Libraries website.
The following Friends groups were named Best Friends Award winners:
- Friends of the L.E. Phillips Memorial Library (Eau Claire, Wis.)
- Friends of the Pasadena (Calif.) Public Library
- Champaign (Ill.) Public Library Friends
- Friends of Salinas (Calif.) Public Library
- Friends of the Santa Barbara (Calif.) Public Library
- Friends of the Library, Montgomery County (Md.)
- Friends of the San Benito County Free Library (Hollister, Calif.)
- Friends of the West Palm Beach (Fla.) Public Library
- Friends of Wilmington (Mass.) Memorial Library
United for Libraries: The Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations, is a division of the American Library Association that supports citizens who govern, promote, advocate, and fundraise for libraries. United for Libraries brings together library Trustees, advocates, friends, and foundations into a partnership that creates a powerful force for libraries in the 21st century. For more information or to join United for Libraries, visit the United for Libraries website or contact Jillian Kalonick at (312) 280-2161 or email@example.com.