LLAMA webinar helps you navigate through physical and virtual library planning
For Immediate Release
Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA)
1-800-545-2433 ext. 5032
CHICAGO — The library of the future needs to be a vibrant learning hub and an intellectual crossroads where the physical and the virtual spaces connect. The transition from a physical library plan into a blended service model requires a solid methodology. The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) will present a new webinar, “Physical and Virtual Library Planning,” from 1:30 to 3 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, Aug. 29.
During this webinar, participants will gain a better understanding of challenges and opportunities for change. They will be introduced to a framework for developing a GAP analysis and examples of past projects. This will help participants define what their library user needs and what is possible. The webinar introduces new ways of thinking about library planning including:
- Visual Literacy – seeing and integrating sensory experience;
- Digital Reproduction Literacy – involving text media and sound;
- Hyper-Media Literacy – multi-domain thinking with an interconnected narrative;
- Socio-Emotional Literacy – interpreting media sound and text;
- Information Literacy – evaluating and applying new knowledge.
At the end of this webinar participants will:
- understand how to do a user needs/gap analysis for the physical and virtual library;
- be familiar with examples of virtual library services and in-person presence options;
- know new strategies that will help librarians develop physical and virtual library services;
- have a clearer understanding of opportunities to improve organizational transformation.
The presenter will be Alexander Cohen, library planner, Aaron Cohen Associates, Croton-on-Hudson, N. Y. Librarians from all types of libraries are welcome to attend.
LLAMA member: $49
Non-LLAMA member $59
LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199
Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
For questions about this webinar or other LLAMA programs, contact Fred Reuland, email@example.com