ALA Annual Conference Exhibits Hall—'a wonder to engage in'
For Immediate Release
Patrick Thomas Murphy
Conference Services (CONF)
800-545-2433 ext. 3218
CHICAGO —Awesome, innovative, amazing, beyond imagination—these are some of the words ALA Annual Conference attendees used about the 2011 “panorama of what’s new and exciting in the information industry,” and this year the Exhibits are shaping up to be even more rewarding. Attendees can explore solutions to pressing issues at their library, connect with their vendors, examine and choose new products and services, meet dozens of authors and enjoy a full program of live events.
Special Exhibit highlights include:
- More than 800 booths with the hottest titles, latest technologies and experts to answer questions;
- 400+ authors ready to chat, take photos and sign books at Meet the Authors and live stages including Live@Your Library Reading Stage, PopTop Stage, Graphic Novel/Gaming Stage, What’s Cooking @ ALA Cookbook Demo Stage;
- Artist Alley, bigger and better in its second year—the chance to meet the artists and illustrators who create or illustrate comics, games, graphic novels, and books;
- New this year! Zine Pavilion— non-traditional publications offering fresh perspectives and programming opportunities;
- Stacks of advance reading copy giveaways;
- More titles than at other conferences—publishers know that librarians look for depth and breadth;
- Poster Sessions showcasing innovative library programs, practical solutions, and reports on research;
- ALA Member Pavilion and ALA Conference Store;
- Wrap Up/Rev Up—the exhibits-closing celebration with discounts and special offers.
Attendees can use this helpful planning tool with handy tips courtesy of their YALSA colleagues: Walking the exhibit hall like a pro. They can also schedule time with specific vendors through the ALA Conference Scheduler.
For anyone unable to attend the whole conference, three levels of Exhibits Passes offer some good options starting at $25. These options are especially good for those living in the region.
Advance registration for 2012 ALA Annual Conference ends June 15, 2012. Use the Conference Scheduler to plan your time, create your calendar, and find out about speakers, events, networking opportunities and more. Visit the 2012 ALA Annual Conference website for general information about the conference.
ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition--Transforming Our Libraries, Ourselves