YALSA launches new sponsorship program
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO — The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA), a division of the American Library Association, launched its new sponsorship program at www.ala.org/yalsa/givetoyalsa/sponsors.
“The sponsorship process is a simple way for vendors and others to connect with YALSA's more than 5,000 members — it's like one-stop shopping,” said YALSA President Sarah Flowers. “It helps YALSA plan ahead on how best to serve our members so that they can serve teens, making it a win for sponsors, for YALSA and for librarians and teens.”
Benefits are dependent upon level of sponsorship; all YALSA Sponsor Program participants receive the following benefits:
- complimentary registration for the Young Adult Literature Symposium; platinum and diamond sponsors also receive registrations for ALA Annual and ALA Midwinter
- subscriptions to Young Adult Library Services, YALSA's award-winning quarterly newsletter
- the ability to send an email blast to YALSA event or initiative registrants
- the opportunity to offer registration incentives for Teen Read Week and Teen Tech Week
- sponsored blog posts
- a thank-you message in YALSA's email newsletter
- logo recognition on YALSA's website
Sponsorship packages also include at least premium opportunities (up to a certain dollar amount) at YALSA's conferences and biennial symposium. Premium opportunities include:
- sponsoring YALSA events at ALA Annual Conference, including the Michael L. Printz Program and Reception and the YALSA Happy Hour
- sponsoring YALSA events at ALA Midwinter Meeting, including the Youth Divisions' Joint Reception and the YALSA Happy Hour
- sponsoring events and giveaways at Young Adult Literature Symposium, including the Opening Networking Reception and the Attendee Tote Bag
All premium opportunities include pre-event publicity, logo recognition and other benefits.
Complete details on the YALSA Sponsor Program can be found at www.ala.org/yalsa/mediakit (PDF). To learn more, contact YALSA’s sales representative, Bill Spilman, at email@example.com.
For more than 50 years, YALSA has been the world leader in selecting books, videos and audiobooks for teens. For more information about YALSA or for lists of recommended reading, viewing and listening, go to www.ala.org/yalsa/booklists, or contact the YALSA office by phone, (800) 545-2433, ext. 4390, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.