Library interior design award submissions now being accepted
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO - The submission deadline for the ALA/IIDA Library Interior Design Awards is March 30. These biennial awards honor excellence in library interior design and promote examples of extraordinary design reflected through innovative concepts. They are co-sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and the International Interior Design Association (IIDA). Award winners demonstrate excellence in aesthetics, design creativity, function and satisfaction of the client's objectives. The Buildings and Equipment Section (BES) of the Library Administration and Management Association (LLAMA), a division of ALA, administers the program in partnership with the IIDA.
Any library interior design project, small or large, completed between Oct. 1, 2009 and Oct. 1, 2011 may be entered. In addition, one category honors a project currently in the design phase and not under construction. Each project may be entered in only one category. Award categories include the following:
- Public Libraries-30,000 square feet or smaller;
- Public Libraries-over 30,000 square feet;
- Academic Libraries-30,000 square feet or smaller;
- Academic Libraries-over 30,000 square feet;
- Special Libraries-30,000 square feet or smaller;
- Special Libraries-over 30,000 square feet;
- Outstanding Historic Renovation in Libraries;
- Single Spaces in Libraries- a project that focuses on a specific area or room;
- On the Boards- a project currently in the design phase and not under construction.
The winning projects are selected by a jury of design and library professionals. Winning designers and their library clients will be honored in an Awards Program at the 2012 ALA Annual meeting in Anaheim, Calif. and published in American Libraries and Contract. Entries must be submitted by March 30, 2012. Entry forms and official guidelines may be found at: www.ala.org/llama/awards/alaiidaaward or www.iida.org/content.cfm/ala-library-interiors. For further information about submitting an entry, contact Jenny Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org (312) 379-5177.