Tours at PLA 2012 help attendees explore Philadelphia
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO – Attendees at the Public Library Association (PLA) 2012 Conference, March 13-17, Philadelphia, should plan on building some time for exploration into their schedules. More than 10 tours at PLA 2012 will take participants around Philadelphia—to historic landmarks, haunted corners, urban gems, libraries and more—and into the surrounding, beautiful country.
- The Simple Life: Pennsylvania's Amish, Tuesday March 13, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Philadelphia Library Branch Tour #1: Frankford, Lillian Marrero and Widener Branches, Tuesday, March 13, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- City Mansions & Country Estates, Tuesday, March 13, 1-5 p.m.
- The Philadelphia Story, Tuesday, March 13, 2-5 p.m.
- Philadelphia Library Branch Tour #2: Donatucci, Santore and Independence Branches, Tuesday, March 13, 2-5:30 p.m.
- The Philadelphia Story, Wednesday, March 14, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Colonial Philadelphia Experience, Wednesday, March 14, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Parkway Central Library, Free Library of Philadelphia (FREE TOUR), Thursday, March 15, 3-5 p.m.
- Philadelphia Illuminations, Thursday, March 15, 7-10 p.m.
- Haunted History, Thursday, March 15, 7:30-10 p.m.
- Picture Perfect Countryside, Saturday, March 17, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Big Apple Breakaway, Saturday, March 17, 1:30-11 p.m.
- Philadelphia Public Art, Fountains & Gardens, Saturday, March 17, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
For complete details and pricing information, visit http://www.placonference.org/travel/tours.
Offered biennially, PLA Conference is the premier event for public libraries, drawing librarians, library support staff, trustees, friends and library vendors from across the country and around the world. The conference includes nearly 200 top-quality continuing education programs, engaging social events, networking opportunities and a bustling exhibits hall.
PLA is a division of the American Library Association. PLA’s core purpose is to strengthen public libraries and their contribution to the communities they serve, and its mission is to enhance the development and effectiveness of public library staff and public library services.