Win $250 from YALSA for your great idea
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO — The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) seeks innovative ideas from its members for its Great Ideas contest. Through March 16, YALSA will accept applications from YALSA members that help the association meet its strategic goals. YALSA seeks ideas that will:
- Make teen school and library services a priority in every community through advocacy and activism
- Promote research and best practices to give all library staff who work with teens the tools they need to do their work
- Offer opportunities to those who work in school libraries and YA services to ensure our colleagues have the training they need
- Encourage all who work with or for teens in libraries to be part of our YALSA community
- Ensure that YALSA has the resources it needs to achieve its goals
The winning idea(s) will help YALSA achieve the goals laid out in its most recent strategic plan: Advocacy and Activism, Research and Documentation of Best Practice, Continuous Learning and Professional Development, Member Recruitment and Engagement and Capacity Building and Organizational Development.
All YALSA members are eligible to win the $250 prize. In case of a tie, winners will split the $250.
To apply, visit the Great Ideas page and download the official application. Applications are due to email@example.com by March 16. Winners will be announced the week of April 23 and will have their photo and idea featured in YALSA E-News, YALSA’s email newsletter. Implementations of ideas are contingent upon the approval of the YALSA Board of Directors. Contact Priscille Dando, chair of YALSA’s Strategic Planning committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For more than 50 years, YALSA has been the world leader in selecting books, videos and audiobooks for teens. For more information about YALSA or for lists of recommended reading, viewing and listening, go to www.ala.org/yalsa/booklists, or contact the YALSA office by phone, (800) 545-2433, ext. 4390, or e-mail, email@example.com.