PLA offering video contest to win registration and travel to PLA 2012
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO – The Public Library Association (PLA) has just announced a new contest for one library professional to win his or her way to the PLA 2012 Conference, March 13-17 in Philadelphia. The contest requires participants to submit a 60-second (or less) video telling PLA what they would hope to get out of attending PLA 2012. One winner will receive a free registration, four nights hotel and up to $500 reimbursement for travel to and from the conference. If a library submits the video, only one person from the library will be eligible to receive the prize.
The top five videos (determined by members of the PLA board and staff) will be posted to the PLA Conference Facebook page for voting. The video with the most votes on Facebook wins! All videos submitted will also be posted on the PLA YouTube channel. Submissions will be judged based on clear, compelling and creative video statements. We look forward to seeing your videos!
- The deadline to submit a video/photo is 4:30 p.m. (Central Time) Wednesday, Feb. 1.
- Videos should be a maximum length of 60 seconds. Suitable file types are .mp4, .wmv, .mov.
- Email the file to Kathleen Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, library, contact information and any video/photo details necessary.
- Use PLA 2012 Videos in the subject line.
- If you’re worried the file size is too big, use this free and easy file sharing site https://www.yousendit.com.
- Top five videos will be posted on the PLA Facebook Page on Friday, Feb. 3, 2012.
- The winner will be announced on Monday, February 6, 2012.
- Questions? Contact Kathleen Hughes, email@example.com.
Offered biennially, PLA Conference is the premier event for public libraries, drawing librarians, library support staff, trustees, friends and library vendors from across the country and around the world. The conference includes nearly 200 top-quality continuing education programs, engaging social events, networking opportunities and a bustling exhibits hall. PLA 2012, will be held March 13-17, 2012 in Philadelphia.