New scholarship opportunity for library student to attend PLA 2012
For Immediate Release
Public Library Association (PLA)
CHICAGO – The Public Library Association (PLA) is offering a scholarship to one library school student to attend the PLA 2012 Conference, March 13-17 in Philadelphia. The scholarship covers conference registration, four nights hotel and up to $500 reimbursement for travel to and from the conference.
In order to participate, students are required to write and submit a 150-word essay telling PLA about themselves and why attendance at PLA would benefit them. Be creative! Be succinct! Show PLA your enthusiasm and excitement for the public library world!
- Deadline to submit an essay is Wednesday, Feb. 1, 4:30 p.m. (CST).
- Essays should be 150 words.
- Send the essay to Kathleen Hughes, email@example.com, as a word document attached to an email. Include your name, library school and contact information.
- Use PLA 2012 Essay in the subject line.
- Participant must be currently enrolled in an MLS program.
- Winner will be announced on Friday, Feb. 3.
- Questions? Contact Kathleen Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offered biennially, PLA Conference is the premier event for public libraries, drawing librarians, library support staff, trustees, friends and library vendors from across the country and around the world. The conference includes nearly 200 top-quality continuing education programs, engaging social events, networking opportunities, and a bustling exhibits hall. PLA 2012, will be held March 13-17, 2012 in Philadelphia.