ALA Annual Conference early bird registration & housing now open!
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO - The American Library Association looks forward to welcoming attendees to the 2012 ALA Annual Conference in Anaheim, Calif., June 21-26 to continue important conversations about the transformation of libraries, e-content and other key topics. The conference will offer an outstanding range of opportunities for librarians to advance their careers, connect with colleagues, hear high-profile speakers, learn new techniques that will improve library services in their community and examine the latest library-related publications, products and services.
Early bird registration and housing open at 9 a.m. CST, on Tuesday, January 3, 2012. Registering early ensures the best rates. Housing is also open for 2012 Bundle registrants and all other Annual Conference registrants.
The planned programs, events, exhibits, sessions and services in Anaheim include:
- 300+ programs on hot topics, including the transformation of libraries, e-content, training and mentoring, cultural programming, technology innovation and outreach to underserved populations
- Tools for library advocacy—including current federal initiatives that impact libraries
- A wide range of preconferences and continuing education opportunities offered by ALA divisions, offices and round tables
- The ALA JobLIST Placement Center helping connect job seekers and employers and offering free career counseling
- Unforgettable speakers and memorable events such as the Auditorium Speaker Series including John Irving, Opening General Session, Closing Session, ALA President's Program featuring Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer, ALA/ProQuestScholarship Bash with the Rock Bottom Remainders scheduled to appear and discounted tickets to Disneyland
- 800+ exhibitors introducing and highlighting new and favorite products and services. The Exhibits include an opening reception, LIVE@your library Reading Stage, Cookbook Pavilion, Graphic Novel/Gaming Stage and Pop Top Stage featuring Mystery, Romance and Travel
- Networking Uncommons—the perfect venue for impromptu sessions, demonstrations, and conversations
- An immediate online community to enrich attendees’ networking and learning (tag: #ala12)
- Fun face-to-face social events such as the Tweetup, Battledecks, Facebook Meetup and more
- Free and full access to Virtual Conference archives with full conference registration
New in 2012 are the “Conversation Starter” programs, where presenters will share expertise and ideas in 45-minutes sessions. Anyone wishing to submit a program should fill out this form.
Annual Conference attendees get a special discount offer for ALA Virtual Conference registration, for additional interactive professional development right at their fingertips.
The ALA Annual Conference is the world’s largest and most dynamic library conference and exhibition for librarians from all types of libraries.