The conversation starts here . . . Midwinter registration and housing now open
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO - Registration and housing for the American Library Association (ALA) Midwinter Meeting, held Jan. 20-24, 2012 in Dallas, are open as of Monday, Oct. 3.
The 2012 Midwinter Meeting promises key conversations about the transformation and future of libraries, as well as events, exhibits and sessions offering immediately applicable information that will benefit attendees’ careers and libraries. Here’s what you’ll find at Midwinter:
- 200+ discussion groups on important current topics
- Pre-Midwinter institutes from ALA divisions and offices
- Tools, workshops and presentations for more effective advocacy
- ALA JobLIST Placement Center connecting job seekers and employers and offering free career counseling
- Memorable speakers and events including Sunrise Speaker Series, ERT/Booklist Author Forum, ALA President's Program, ALA Youth Media Awards, RUSA Book and Media Awards, ALTAFF Gala Author Tea and Spotlight on Adult Literature, Arthur Curley Memorial Lecture and more
- 350+ exhibitors highlighting new and favorite titles, products and services
- Stages in the exhibit hall showcasing hot mystery and romance authors, poets and storytellers—and chefs on the first Midwinter What’s Cooking @ ALA? stage
- Immediate online and offline community to enrich your networking and learning (tag: #alamw12)
- Networking Uncommons for impromptu sessions, demonstrations and conversations
- Affordable room rates, all with free in-room Wi-Fi
- Fun social events including the Facebook meetup, tweetup and more
The ALA encourages you to register now so you don’t miss out on this chance to contribute to the conversation as you enrich your career and your library.