CHICAGO - Find the ALA Conference Store at Booth # 2531 on the main aisle near the center of the exhibition hall, across from the Membership Pavilion - an ideal location for easy access and convenient browsing. With plenty of new and best-selling items available, you’ll want to make sure to carve out some time in your schedule to stop by! Conference Store hours are:
Friday, June 24 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 25 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday, June 26 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday, June 27 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
New and popular products from ALA Graphics include:
- READ posters of Drew Brees, Daniel Radcliffe, Nathan Fillion, and the cast of GLEE;
- Popular book character posters Wimpy Kid, Judy Moody, Phineas and Ferb, and Vordak;
- Banned Books Week and Teen Read Week promotional materials.
Stop by and pick up this year's conference t-shirt and magnet, as well as gifts for friends, colleagues and family. A silent auction of autographed posters is scheduled for Saturday from 11 a.m – 4 p.m., and Sunday will feature poster signings by Lane Smith and Mélanie Watt. These signings will take place at 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m., respectively, on Sunday, June 26.
New titles hot off the press from ALA Editions include:
- “Broken Pieces: A Library Life, 1941-1978,” the new memoir from eminent librarian and former ALA President Michael Gorman;
- The new YALSA book “Outstanding Books for the College Bound: Titles and Programs for a New Generation,” edited by Angela Carstensen;
- “A Librarian's Guide to an Uncertain Job Market,” providing compassionate guidance and pragmatic support for recent LIS grads, seasoned librarians, or those looking to switch gears.
Several author signings are already scheduled, with more to be announced:
- Lori Reed and Paul Signorelli will sign copies of “Workplace Learning & Leadership: A Handbook for Library and Nonprofit Trainers” on Friday at 5:30 p.m.;
- Michael Gorman will sign copies of "Broken Pieces: A Library Life, 1941-1978" on Saturday at 10:00 a.m.;
- Jeanette Larson will sign copies of “El día de los niños/El día de los libros: Building a Culture of Literacy in Your Community through Día” on Saturday from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Enter drawings for a Library Promotional Pack worth more than $450 and the chance to win a Professional Development library. Prices at the Conference Store automatically reflect the ALA Member discount, so there’s no need to dig out your membership card! Follow the ALA Graphics and ALA Editions Twitter and Facebook feeds for updates on author/illustrator signings, special offers, and more. ALA Store purchases fund advocacy, awareness, and accreditation programs for library professionals worldwide.