Friends of the Library groups recognized with ALTAFF's Best Friends Awards
For Immediate Release
PHILADELPHIA – The Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations (ALTAFF), a division of the American Library Association (ALA), has recognized eight Friends of the Library groups with Best Friends Awards.
ALTAFF’s Best Friends Awards are given to Friends groups for outstanding publicity and marketing materials that promote the group and its programs and projects. The awards do not evaluate the type or scope of Friends programs; rather, they evaluate the quality of the print and electronic materials used to promote Friends programs. Award categories include print newsletters, membership, advocacy materials, digital publicity, program or special project publicity, fundraisers and book sales.
Winning groups receive a certificate and are recognized in ALTAFF’s newsletter,The Voice. Winning materials are posted on ALTAFF’s website at www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/altaff/grants_awards/friends/bestfriends/2010.cfm.
The following Friends groups were named 2010 Best Friends Award winners:
- Friends of the Ennis (Texas) Public Library
- Friends of the Orange County (Fla.) Library System
- Friends of the Platt Library (Woodland Hills, Calif.)
- Friends of the Princeton (N.J.) Public Library
- Friends of the Richardson (Texas) Library
- Friends of Salem (Ore.) Public Library
- Friends of the San Benito County (Calif.) Free Library
- Friends of Westlake (Ohio) Porter Public Library
ALTAFF is a division of the American Library Association that supports citizens who govern, promote, advocate, and fundraise for libraries. ALTAFF brings together library Trustees, advocates, Friends, and Foundations into a partnership that creates a powerful force for libraries in the 21st century. For more information, visit www.ala.org/altaff, or contact Jillian Kalonick at (312) 280-2161 or email@example.com