CHICAGO - The Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) invites proposal submissions for half- or full-day preconferences to be held prior to the 2012 ALA Annual Conference held June 22, 2012, in Anaheim, Calif. Submissions will be accepted online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JVN3TQ3 through April 8, 2011.
Preconferences should allow participants to develop skills related to a specific topic and should focus on interactive learning using a variety of presentation styles. Programs that offer practical tips and cutting-edge techniques are especially encouraged. Proposals should outline activities that will be incorporated during the session to enable attendees to achieve the session’s learning outcomes. Preconferences can either be half-day or full-day sessions.
Proposals must include the following information:
- Complete contact information for all speakers. Please note that the person submitting a group proposal will be considered the Program Organizer and the main contact for the presentation.
- Presentation title.
- Presentation description. The description should be approximately 500 words, outline the main points of the program, highlight its relevance to attendees and describe how you would incorporate at least one active learning exercise in your session.
- Short presentation description. This description should be approximately 100 words. If your proposal is accepted, this description will be used in promotional materials.
- At least three learning outcomes and how they will be achieved.
- Indicate whether you have offered this program before for ACRL.
The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. PDT, Friday, April 8, 2011. Visit http://www.acrl.org/ala/mgrps/divs/acrl/events/call.cfm for the complete call for proposals. Notifications will be issued by June 2011.
Direct questions to Margot Conahan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 280-2522.
ACRL is a division of the American Library Association (ALA), representing more than 12,000 academic and research librarians and interested individuals. ACRL is the only individual membership organization in North America that develops programs, products and services to meet the unique needs of academic and research librarians. Its initiatives enable the higher education community to understand the role that academic libraries play in the teaching, learning and research environments. ACRL is on the Web at http://www.acrl.org, Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ala.acrl and Twitter at @ala_acrl.