Fall 2010 issue of Prism now available
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO - The Fall 2010 issue of Prism: the newsletter from the ALA Office for Accreditation is now available at http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/accreditation/prp/prism/prism_current.cfm.
- Accreditation at a glance - a few statistics related to ALA accreditation
- Accreditation actions taken at the June 2010 COA meeting in Washington, D.C.
- From the Director: Outlook - Karen O'Brien, director of the Office for Accreditation, talks about the COA's strategic planning activities, introduces new COA members, gives an overview of the CHEA recognition review process and provides an update on programs in candidacy and pre-candidacy status.
- From the COA Chair: Perspective - Vicki Gregory, chair of the Committee on Accreditation, discusses the role of student learning outcomes in ALA accreditation
- Spotlight on Process and Policy - Laura Dare, assistant director of the Office for Accreditation, provides an overview of the whole ALA accreditation process
- News and Announcements - the new "areas of concentration/career pathways" feature of the directory of ALA-accredited programs, events and trainings at the 2011 ALA Midwinter Meeting in San Diego and an update on the draft revised ALA/AASL Standards for Initial Preparation of School Librarians
- Acknowledgement of External Review Panelists who served on reviews during spring 2010
- NCATE/AASL recognition news - programs receiving recognition during spring 2010 reviews and reviewers of program reports in spring 2010 are acknowledged