For Immediate Release
CHICAGO – The American Association of School Librarians (AASL) is seeking proposals for concurrent sessions at its 2011 National Conference & Exhibition. The deadline for proposals is Monday, Nov. 1. More information is available at www.ala.org/aasl/aaslrfp.
Submissions will be evaluated for clarity, originality and timeliness. Special attention will be given to submissions that incorporate one or more of these characteristics:
- Demonstrates innovative thinking and/or new perspectives
- Presents strategies for effectively implementing new ideas and technology
- Incorporates at least one active hands-on learning exercise
- Design includes activities that will incorporate various learning styles
- Demonstrates how learning outcomes would be achieved
The AASL 15th National Conference & Exhibition, "Turning the Page," will be Oct. 27-30 in Minneapolis. As the only national conference dedicated to the needs of the school librarian, AASL will offer robust educational opportunities, high-profile speakers, exciting events and various opportunities for networking and sharing.
The American Association of School Librarians, www.aasl.org, a division of the American Library Association (ALA), promotes the improvement and extension of library services in elementary and secondary schools as a means of strengthening the total education program. Its mission is to advocate excellence, facilitate change and develop leaders in the school library field.