American Libraries is the official publication of the American Library Association. It is published bimonthly, six times a year, with four quarterly digital supplements, by the American Library Association. ISSN 0002-9769. Printed in the USA. Subscription price is included in ALA dues. The magazine is sent to some 65,000 individuals and organizations worldwide. Press releases may be sent to:
50 E. Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
800-545-2433, ext. 4216
AL Direct is an electronic newsletter sent every Wednesday to personal members of the American Library Association and others who wish to subscribe. It is a weekly supplement to American Libraries magazine that provides summaries and links to news, announcements, and other information of interest to library and information science professionals.
Several units of the American Library Association also publish news items in their member publications. These include:
- ALCTS Newsletter Online. Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS). Communications Specialist, Brooke Morris, email@example.com.
- ALSConnect. Newsletter of the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC). Editor/Coordinator, Laura Schulte-Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College & Research Libraries News (C&RL News). Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL). Editor, David Free, email@example.com
- Knowledge Quest. An official journal of the American Association of School Librarians (AASL). Managing Editor, Allison Cline, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Libraries. Official journal of the Public Library Association (PLA). Editor, Kathleen Hughes, email@example.com
- Smart Libraries Newsletter (formerly Library Systems Newsletter). Published monthly by ALA TechSource, an imprint of the American Library Association (ALA). Send product announcements to Dan Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete listing of ALA periodicals, please see American Library Association Periodicals prepared by the ALA Library.