The ALA JobLIST Placement & Career Development Center will be bustling with activities during the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago. In addition to having career counseling, resume review assistance, and an onsite photographer, the Center is also hosting several special activities which are listed below. You don’t have to be actively looking for a job to benefit from the services and workshops. The Center will be located in McCormick Place, Hall F2, Level 3. Use the escalator by room W196 for easy access.
Mentoring-on-the-Fly – Saturday, 9:00am-noon; Sunday, 1:00-4:00pm
Check out a Librarian – Saturday, 2:00-3:00pm
Open House/Job Fair – Sunday, 10:30am-noon [Nearly 30 employers scheduled to attend.]
Saturday, June 24th
- Orientation; 8:30 a.m.
- Getting Unstuck: Moving Ahead in Your Career When It Feels Like You Are Moving Behind; 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Renew, Re-Energize, Refresh Your Career 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Manage Your Stress and Start Living a Healthier Life Today; 1 – 2 p.m.
- Tips, Tricks, and Strategies for a Successful Job Hunt; 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, June 25th
- HR Confidential: Insider Tips from HR Directors; 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Unemployed and Faking Normal; 1 – 2 p.m.
- Self-Care Practices for a Healthy Mind, Body, and Soul; 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- The Key to Getting Interviews: Great Cover Letters and Resumes; 4 – 5 p.m.
For more details on these activities and workshops, visit the Placement webpage.
The ALA JobLIST Placement & Career Development Center is managed by the ALA Office for Human Resource Development and Recruitment (HRDR).