Contact: Margot Conahan
For Immediate Release
February 9, 2010
CHICAGO - The Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) invites proposal submissions for half- or full-day preconferences to be held prior to the 2011 ALA Annual Conference on June 24, 2011, in New Orleans. Proposals must be submitted online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3JF8ZQ3 by 5 p.m. PST on April 9, 2010.
Preconference programs allow participants to develop skills related to a specific topic and should focus on interactive learning through a variety of presentation styles. Preconferences can either be half-day or full-day sessions, and proposals should outline activities that will be incorporated during the session to enable attendees to achieve the session’s learning outcomes. Programs that offer practical tips and cutting-edge techniques are especially encouraged.
Proposals must include the following information:
- Complete contact information for all speakers. Please note that the person submitting a group proposal will be considered the program organizer and the main contact for the presentation.
- Presentation title.
- Presentation description. The description should be approximately 500 words, should outline the main points of the program, its relevance to attendees and how you would incorporate at least one active learning exercise in your session.
- Short presentation description. This description should be approximately 100 words. If your proposal is accepted, this description will be used in promotional materials.
- At least three learning outcomes and how they will be achieved.
- Indicate whether you have previously offered the program for ACRL.
The complete call for proposals is available at http://www.acrl.org/ala/mgrps/divs/acrl/events/index.cfm. Notifications will be issued by June 2010.
Questions should be directed to Margot Conahan at email@example.com or (312) 280-2522.
ACRL is a division of the American Library Association, representing more than 12,500 academic and research librarians and interested individuals. ACRL is the only individual membership organization in North America that develops programs, products and services to meet the unique needs of academic and research librarians. Its initiatives enable the higher education community to understand the role that academic libraries play in the teaching, learning and research environments.