Contact: Laura Schulte-Cooper
ALSC Program Officer
For Immediate Release
April 28, 2009
CHICAGO — The Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC), a division of the American Library Association (ALA), has selected its Spring 2009 list of Great Interactive Software for Kids (GISK), which recognizes high-quality computer programs and digital media for children 14 years of age and younger.
The selected products are:
- Animation-ish, FableVision.
- Bob the Builder: Can-Do Zoo, Brighter Minds Media
- Crazy Machines 2, Viva Media
- Giggles Baby: Nursery Rhymes, Leveractive
- Goosebumps HorrorLand, Scholastic, Inc.
- Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy, Her Interactive, Inc.
- Pixton, Pixton Comics Inc.
- World of Goo, Brighter Minds Media
Members of the Great Interactive Software for Kids Committee are: Angelique Kopa, chair, Harford County Public Library, Belcamp, Md.; Kim Bautz, Dayton (Ohio) Metro Library; Michelle Call, County of Los Angeles Public Library; Kirsten Freeman-Benson, West Slope Community Library, Portland, Ore.; and Katherine McCabe, Briarcliff Middle School, Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.
For the annotated list of Spring 2009 Great Interactive Software for Kids, including recommended age ratings, visit the ALSC Web site at: