Share Your Expertise in ASGCLA
For Immediate Release
Program Officer-Continuing Education
The Association of Specialized, Government and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASGCLA) invites experienced librarians and subject matter experts to submit proposals for webinars and online courses to be added to ASGCLA's outstanding online learning offerings.
ASGCLA has identified four key areas of training that reflect the unique experiences and skills of our diverse membership, and which also serve training needs among ASGCLA membership and the larger library community. ASGCLA welcomes all proposals, and encourages proposals related to the following key areas:
- Veterans - federal and local resources in context of diverse library types (public, academic, prison, health, etc.)
- Accessibility - basics of access, as well as specific tools and strategies to increase access to library services
- Consortia Management - designing/delivering CE, ILL models, leadership and facilitation, cooperative purchasing, successful/model collaborations, etc.
- Health - identifying resources, working with patrons in crisis, compassion fatigue, etc. especially in the areas of:
- Mental health
- Substance abuse
- Degenerative Neurological Diseases
- Aging in Place
Call for Proposals are sent to ASGCLA leadership twice a year, however proposals are accepted year-round from members and non-members. Please note, there are separate forms for course and webinar proposals:
Questions about submissions or about ASGCLA's online learning programs should be sent to Ninah Moore, ASGCLA Program Officer-Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.