72 time-saving guides for library marketing
For Immediate Release
American Library Association
CHICAGO — You know you need to get the word out. But where do you start? How do you keep track of everything? Don’t work harder—work smarter. The key is to stay organized and focused through solid project management skills, and at the heart of it all lies an efficient workflow. Amanda L. Goodman’s new book “Marketing Plans in Action: A Step-by-Step Guide for Libraries, Archives, and Cultural Organizations,” published by ALA Editions, presents 72 time-saving guides that will streamline your processes. Addressing myriad marketing, publicity, and promotion activities, it’s packed with tried and true best practices and useful tips on such topics as:
- efficiently reviewing and tracking task requests from colleagues around your organization;
- keeping people informed through project management tools and formal reporting;
- developing and sustaining a network of media contacts in the community who will publicize your events;
- crafting a consistent brand identity across the organization through language, logo, and colors;
- creating and maintaining a public calendar for content;
- designing mobile-friendly email messages and web pages;
- segmenting email campaigns for maximum impact and engagement;
- collecting user information while respecting privacy;
- employing simple surveys for quick and useful feedback; and
- handling complaints with grace.
Goodman is the publicity manager at Darien Library, a public library in Connecticut. Prior to this role, she was the user experience librarian there. Goodman's author credits include “The Comparative Guide to WordPress in Libraries: A LITA Guide” and the Library Technology Report “Digital Media Labs in Libraries,” and she has written for UX Magazine, Library Journal, and Public Libraries Magazine. Her projects include cofounding LibUX, creating a worldwide map of 3D printers in libraries, and teaching classes on WordPress, UX, and digital signage. She is serving as a LITA Board director-at-large for 2017−2020.
ALA Store purchases fund advocacy, awareness and accreditation programs for library professionals worldwide. ALA Editions | ALA Neal-Schuman publishes resources used worldwide by tens of thousands of library and information professionals to improve programs, build on best practices, develop leadership, and for personal professional development. ALA authors and developers are leaders in their fields, and their content is published in a growing range of print and electronic formats. Contact ALA Editions at (800) 545-2433 ext. 5052 or email@example.com.