Nominating committee extends deadline
For Immediate Release
American Library Association
Chicago - The ALA 2019 Nominating Committee announces a deadline extension for completing the candidate biographical form for the positions of Councilor-at-Large and President-elect. Any ALA members interested in being considered for candidacy for these positions have until July 31st, to complete the form. All potential nominees must complete the Candidate Biographical Form available at https://officers.directnominations.net. You will be asked to create an account in order to access the form.
The Nominating Committee will select two candidates to run for President-elect and no fewer than 51 candidates for the 34 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2020 spring election.
- The President-elect will serve a three-year term: as President-elect in 2020-21, as President in 2021-22, and as Immediate Past President in 2022-23.
- The Councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2020 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2023 Annual Conference.
The ALA President and Councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association [ALA-APA]. Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Questions about running for office may be directed to any member of the Nominating Committee:
- Emmanuel L. Faulkner, Sr. (Chair), Librarian, Baltimore City Public School System, Baltimore, MD, (443)642-4511, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew P. Ciszek, Library Director, Penn State Behrend, Erie, PA, (814) 898-6377, email@example.com
- Carol Edwards, Independent Book Reviewer, Littleton, CO, (303) 794-1236, Edwarc48@gmail.com
- Michelle Frisque, Chief of Technology, Content & Innovation, Chicago Public Library, Chicago, IL, (312) 747-4250, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jill Gengler, Director of Alumni Affairs, School of Information Sciences, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL, (217) 265-6252, email@example.com
- LeRoy LaFleur, Associate Director of Library Services, Ginn Library, Tufts University, Medford, MA, (617) 627-0854, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janice S. Lewis, Director, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, email@example.com
- Jacquie Samples, Head, Metadata & Discovery Strategy, Duke University Libraries, Durham, NC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pamela Sandlian Smith, Director, Anythink Libraries, Thornton, CO, (303) 405-3299, email@example.com
The 2020 ALA elections will take place March 9-April 1, 2020.