Get ready for fall with the new ALA Graphics catalog
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO – The ALA Graphics fall 2019 catalog is packed with new products that will educate, excite, and inspire. The catalog cover spotlights a new Latino Heritage poster, with original art from award-winning illustrator Rafael López. The colorful poster and bookmark are perfect to celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15 to October 15. ALA Graphics is also debuting bright, new Multilingual READ Bracelets, which feature “READ” in eight languages—great incentives for promoting diversity and inclusion!
A bevy of new posters and bookmarks featuring favorite kids’ characters will excite young readers.
- Best-selling author Dav Pilkey brings Dog Man and his trusty sidekicks 80-HD and Cat Kid to ALA Graphics with a new poster and bookmark, inviting kids to “Be A Reading Supa Buddy.”
- Narwhal and Jelly, created by Eisner award-winning illustrator Ben Clanton, are featured in a pun-filled poster and bookmark, encouraging kids to dive into the adventure of reading.
- Kid McGear, the newest truck to join the Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site crew, will inspire young readers to read and think big on a new poster and bookmark featuring original art by AG Ford.
- Fans of Disney Junior’s Vampirina will go “batty” for a new poster and bookmark featuring the eponymous star and her mom, Oxana.
In partnership with the Public Library Association (PLA) as well as the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) ALA Graphics unveils three new informational posters and bookmarks:
- The Health Literacy poster and customizable bookmark file, developed with PLA, illustrates how the library can help in educating the community on health and wellness.
- Also developed with PLA, the Family Engagement poster and customizable bookmark file shares tips for parents and caregivers to help their child succeed in school and life.
- The Vote poster and bookmark file was created with YALSA’s 22 x 20 Task Force, and serves as a guide to encourage teens to register to vote.
The new READ® Design Studio Flash Drive combines all READ Design Studio files onto one compact, USB drive. Create your own READ posters and bookmarks by mixing and matching more than 100 different design elements.
ALA Graphics supports the mission of the American Library Association through the creation and distribution of quality products promoting libraries, literacy, and reading.