Registration open for YALSA’s 2019 YA Services Symposium
For Immediate Release
Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
The symposium takes place November 1-3 in Memphis, TN with the theme Show Up and Advocate: Supporting Teens in the Face of Adversity. Anyone with an interest in young adult services is welcome to attend.
Now through early bird registration (September 15), those who join YALSA and register for the symposium will be automatically entered for a chance to win free registration for the 2020 YALSA symposium. YALSA members already registered for the symposium will be entered into the drawing automatically.
Additionally, non-members who join YALSA/ALA before registering can save and become eligible to register with the YALSA member rate, apply for a $1,000 symposium travel stipend, gain access to a quarterly journal, weekly newsletter, additional grants, and more. Joining and then registering often costs less than the non-member rate.
Early bird registration ends September 15 and rates are as follows:
- $199 YALSA Personal Member
- $199 Tennessee Library Association Members
- $199 Tennessee Association of School Librarians Members
- $199 Memphis Area Library Council
- $264 ALA Personal Member (Join YALSA ($62) and then register ($199) for $261 or less. Join by phone: 800.545.2433, ext. 5. Your YALSA membership fee will be pro-rated)
- $59 Students (enrolled full-time in a library program)
- $329 Non-members (Join ALA & YALSA ($134) & then register ($199) for only $333 & get the added benefits of membership!)
Now through June 1, YALSA members can apply for a $1,000 travel stipend to help offset travel costs to the symposium. There are two stipends available: one for library workers and one for students. Eligibility requirements apply. To learn more about the symposium and travel stipend, please visit www.ala.org/yalsa/yasymposium.
The mission of the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) is to support library staff in alleviating the challenges teens face, and in putting all teens ‒ especially those with the greatest needs ‒ on the path to successful and fulfilling lives. For more information about YALSA or to access national guidelines and other resources go to www.ala.org/yalsa, or contact the YALSA office by phone, 800-545-2433, ext. 4390; or e-mail: email@example.com.