ALA Nominating committee seeks candidates for 2020 election
For Immediate Release
Office of ALA Governance
American Library Association
CHICAGO - The Nominating Committee for the 2020 ALA election is soliciting nominees to run on the 2020 spring ballot for the offices of ALA President-elect and Councilor-at-large.
The Nominating Committee will select two candidates to run for President-elect and no fewer than 51 candidates for the 34 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2020 spring election.
The President-elect will serve a three-year term: as President-elect in 2020-21, as President in 2021-22, and as Immediate Past President in 2022-23.
The Councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2020 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2023 Annual Conference.
The ALA President and Councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association [ALA-APA]. Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Members who wish to make nominations should submit the following information: nominee name; present position; institution; address; telephone; and e-mail address. Self-nominations are encouraged. All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form found here: https://officers.directnominations.net
You will be asked to create an account to access the form. Nominations and forms must be received no later than July 10, 2019.
Nominations may be sent to any member of the Nominating Committee for the 2020 ALA Election. Committee members are:
- Emmanuel L. Faulkner, Sr. (Chair), Librarian, Baltimore City Public School System, Baltimore, MD, (443)642-4511, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew P. Ciszek, Library Director, Penn State Behrend, Erie, PA, (814) 898-6377, email@example.com
- Carol Edwards, Independent Book Reviewer, Littleton, CO, (303) 794-1236, Edwarc48@gmail.com
- Michelle Frisque, Chief of Technology, Content & Innovation, Chicago Public Library, Chicago, IL, (312) 747-4250, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jill Gengler, Director of Alumni Affairs, School of Information Sciences, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL, (217) 265-6252, email@example.com
- LeRoy LaFleur, Associate Director of Library Services, Ginn Library, Tufts University, Medford, MA, (617) 627-0854, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janice S. Lewis, Director, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, email@example.com
- Jacquie Samples, Head, Metadata & Discovery Strategy, Duke University Libraries, Durham, NC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pamela Sandlian Smith, Director, Anythink Libraries, Thornton, CO, (303) 405-3299, email@example.com
The 2020 ALA elections will take place March 9-April 1, 2020.