Nominating committee extends deadline
For Immediate Release
Office of ALA Governance
Chicago - The ALA 2019 Nominating Committee announces a deadline extension for completing the candidate biographical form for the positions of Councilor-at-Large, President-elect and Treasurer. Any ALA members interested in being considered for candidacy for any of these positions have until 9:00 a.m. Central time on Friday, August 3, to complete the form.
All potential nominees must complete the Candidate Biographical Form available at https://www.directvote.net/alanomination/2019users.html. You will be asked to create an account in order to access the form.
The Nominating Committee will select no fewer than 51 candidates for the 34 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2019 spring election. The elected Councilors-at-large and Treasurer will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2019 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2022 Annual Conference. The elected President-elect will serve a three-year term beginning at the end of the 2019 ALA Annual Conference – the first year as president-elect, second year as president, and third year as immediate past president.
The ALA officers also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association [ALA-APA]. Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Questions about running for office may be directed to any member of the Nominating Committee:
- Alexandra P. Rivera, Chair, Student Enrichment and Community Outreach Librarian, University of Michigan Library, Ann Arbor, 734-764-7037, email@example.com
- Jason K. Alston, Information Literacy Librarian, Costal Carolina University, Conway, SC, 847-349-2415, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa I. Cardenas-Dow, Sacramento State University, Sacramento, CA, 916-278-7508, email@example.com
- H. Frank Cervone, Director, SPHIT, University of Illinois at Chicago, 312-996-3816, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audrey P. Church, Professor, Longwood University, Farmville, VA, 434-395-2682 email@example.com
- Veronda J. Pitchford, Director, Membership Development and Resource Sharing, RAILS Reaching Across Illinois Library System, Burr Ridge, IL, 630-734-5000, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lian Ruan, Director/Head Librarian, Illinois Fire Service Institute, Champaign, IL, 217-333-8925, email@example.com
- Rivkah Sass, Library Director, Sacramento Public Library, Sacramento, CA, 916-264-2830, firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Spears, Pikes Peak Library District, Colorado Springs, CO, 719-531-6333, email@example.com
The 2019 ALA elections will take place March 11-April 3, 2019.