ALA Nominating committee seeks candidates for 2019 election
For Immediate Release
Office of ALA Governance
CHICAGO - The Nominating Committee for the 2019 ALA election is soliciting nominees to run on the 2019 spring ballot for the offices of ALA President-elect, Treasurer, and Councilor-at-large.
The Nominating Committee will select two candidates to run for President-elect, two candidates to run for Treasurer, and no fewer than 50 candidates for the 33 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2019 spring election.
The President-elect will serve a three-year term: as President-elect in 2019-20, as President in 2020-21, and as Immediate Past President in 2021-22. The Treasurer will serve a three-year term (2019-2022).
The Councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2019 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2022 Annual Conference.
The ALA President and Councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association [ALA-APA]. Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Members who wish to make nominations should submit the following information: nominee name; present position; institution; address; telephone; and e-mail address. Self-nominations are encouraged. All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form found here: https://www.directvote.net/alanomination/2019users.html.
You will be asked to create an account to access the form. Nominations and forms must be received no later than July 11, 2018.
Nominations may be sent to any member of the Nominating Committee for the 2019 ALA Election. Committee members are:
- Alexandra P. Rivera, Chair, Student Enrichment and Community Outreach Librarian, University of Michigan Library, Ann Arbor, 734-764-7037, email@example.com
- Jason K. Alston, Information Literacy Librarian, Costal Carolina University, Conway, SC, 847-349-2415, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa I. Cardenas-Dow, Sacramento State University, Sacramento, CA, 916-278-7508, email@example.com
- H. Frank Cervone, Director, SPHIT, University of Illinois at Chicago, 312-996-3816, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audrey P. Church, Professor, Longwood University, Farmville, VA, 434-395-2682 email@example.com
- Veronda J. Pitchford, Director, Membership Development and Resource Sharing, RAILS Reaching Across Illinois Library System, Burr Ridge, IL, 630-734-5000, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lian Ruan, Director/Head Librarian, Illinois Fire Service Institute, Champaign, IL, 217-333-8925, email@example.com
- Rivkah Sass, Library Director, Sacramento Public Library, Sacramento, CA, 916-264-2830, firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Spears, Pikes Peak Library District, Colorado Springs, CO, 719-531-6333, email@example.com
The 2019 ALA elections will take place March 11-April 3, 2019.