YALSA seeks new editor for research journal, JRLYA
For Immediate Release
Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
CHICAGO — The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) seeks a new member editor for its research journal, The Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults (JRLYA).
The member editor will serve a one-year term starting July 1, 2018, with an opportunity for extension based on performance. The member editor will receive an honorarium of $1,000 per year plus up to $1,000 total in travel support for attending the ALA Midwinter Meeting, ALA Annual Conference, and/or YALSA Symposium during the term of contract.
Responsibilities of the member editor include, but are not limited to:
- Set and maintain the scope and tone of the journal both textually and visually
- Solicit and gather content for the journal with the help of the Research Journal Advisory Board
- Manage and review work of contributors and communicate with them on a regular basis
- Attend YALSA’s Symposium, ALA’s Annual Conference, and/or Midwinter Meeting to assist YALSA with promoting the publication and also to solicit contributors
- Serve as spokesperson for the journal
- Maintain the highest degree of integrity and ethical standards as member editor
- Perform other duties as needed
The Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults is an open-access, peer-reviewed online research journal. Its purpose is to enhance the development of theory, research, and practices to support young adult library services, as emphasized in YALSA’s National Research Agenda.
The mission of the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) is to support library staff in alleviating the challenges teens face, and in putting all teens ‒ especially those with the greatest needs ‒ on the path to successful and fulfilling lives. For more information about YALSA or to access national guidelines and other resources go to www.ala.org/yalsa, or contact the YALSA office by phone, 800-545-2433, ext. 4390; or e-mail: email@example.com.