Official 2017 Teens’ Top Ten titles announced
For Immediate Release
Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
CHICAGO – The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) has announced the official titles of the 2017 Teens’ Top Ten.
Teens all over the world voted August 15 through Teen Read Week™ (October 8-14, 2017).
The official 2017 Teens’ Top Ten titles are as follows:
- Don’t Get Caught by Kurt Dinan. Sourcebooks Fire. 9781492630142.
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman. Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing. 9781442472426.
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon. Penguin Random House. 9780553496680.
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing. 9781442468351
- This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. Sourcebooks Fire. 9781492622468.
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer. Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group. 9781250044655.
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West. Scholastic. 9780545850971.
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch. Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing. 9781481432542.
- Genius: The Game by Leopoldo Gout. Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group. 9781250115270.
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo. Flatiron Books YA. 9781250078407.
Teens aged 12-18 can nominate their favorite titles to be considered as a 2018 Teens’ Top Ten nominee via the public nomination form. Book title nominations submitted in the current year will be used for consideration of the following year’s list of nominees. Teens can submit a book title now through December 31, 2017 to be included in the pool of the 2017 nominee candidates. For books to be eligible for consideration, they must be published between January 1– December 31, 2017.
The Teens' Top Ten is a "teen choice" list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year. Nominators are members of teen book groups in sixteen school and public libraries around the country. Nominations are posted on the Thursday of National Library Week and teens across the country vote on their favorite titles each year.
A digital image of a Teens’ Top Ten seal for the official titles is now available to publishers for licensing. Arrangements can be made through ALA's Rights and Permissions office for publishers who need permission to reproduce the seal on a paperback edition or book jacket. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Jo Bolduc, (312) 280-5416 or (312) 944-8741 (fax) for information.
The mission of the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) is to support library staff in alleviating the challenges teens face, and in putting all teens ‒ especially those with the greatest needs ‒ on the path to successful and fulfilling lives. For more information about YALSA or to access national guidelines and other resources go to www.ala.org/yalsa, or contact the YALSA office by phone, 800-545-2433, ext. 4390; or e-mail: email@example.com.