Nominating committee extends deadline
For Immediate Release
Office of ALA Governance
Chicago - The ALA 2018 Nominating Committee announces a deadline extension for completing the candidate biographical form for the position of Councilor-at-Large. Any ALA members interested in being considered for candidacy for the positions of ALA Councilor-at-large have until 9:00 a.m. Central time on Wednesday, July 26, to complete the form.
All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form available at https://ala2.directnominations.net. You will be asked to create an account in order to access the form.
The Nominating Committee will select no fewer than 50 candidates for the 33 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2018 spring election. The elected Councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2018 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2021 Annual Conference.
The ALA Councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association [ALA-APA]. Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Questions about running for office may be directed to any member of the Nominating Committee:
- Michelle Jeske, Chair, City Librarian, Denver Public Library, Denver, CO, 720-865-2100, email@example.com
- Helen Adams, Retired School Librarian, Fremont, WI, 920-677-4484, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maurice D. Coleman, Specialist III – Technical Trainer, Hartford County Public Library, Belcamp, MD, 410-273-5600, ext. 2281, email@example.com
- Vicki Coleman, Dean of Library Services, North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University, Greensboro, NC, 336-285-4151, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regina H. Gong, Head of Technical Services & Systems, Lansing Community College Library, Lansing, MI, 517-483-1663, email@example.com
- Beatriz Guevara, Library Manager, Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, Charlotte, NC, 704-716-6401, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jack Martin, Jr., Executive Director, Providence Public Library, Providence, RI, 401-455-8000, email@example.com
- Anne M. Prestamo, Dean of Libraries, Florida International University, Miami, FL, 305-348-3461, firstname.lastname@example.org
- John F. Szabo, City Librarian, Los Angeles Public Library, Los Angeles, CA, 213-228-7515, email@example.com
The 2018 ALA elections will take place March 12-April 4, 2018.