CHICAGO; MIDDLETOWN, CONNECTICUT - ACRL-Choice webinars connect academic and research librarians with content and service providers, publishers, authors, and other experts. Since the launch of the program in 2013, thousands of participants have attended these hour-long interactive webinars, with topics ranging from using social media to build library communities and the latest reference databases to open access.
For summer 2017, the ACRL-Choice webinar program presents a diverse selection of subjects and experts; see below for the programs and links to regis
- June 8, 2:00p.m. Eastern: "Librarians as Stakeholders in Managing the Research Enterprise" with Mariel Christian, Senior Librarian, RTI International, and James Toon, Pure Customer Consultant, Elsevier, sponsored by Elsevier; click here to register.
- June 28, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “Understanding the Evolving Information Needs of Researchers” with Mark Ayling, Senior Product Marketing Manager for ProQuest, and Zoe Loveland, Director of Market Development for ProQuest, sponsored by ProQuest; click here to register.
- July 18, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “Academic Librarianship Today” with Yale University Library’s Todd Gilman, sponsored by Rowman & Littlefield; click here to register.
- July 20, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “American Fiction: Exploring the American Experience Through Literature,” sponsored by Gale, a Cengage Company; click here to register.
- August 24, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “Introducing Students to Discipline-Specific Research” with Nicole Rakozy, Program Manager with Gale, sponsored by Gale, a Cengage Company; click here to register.
ACRL-Choice webinars offer a free and convenient way for librarians to learn about new ideas, developments, and products, and to actively participate in discussions with service providers, allowing sponsors to receive unfiltered feedback. Be sure to check out the complete library of ACRL-Choice webinars to date—with more added each month—on the Choice Media Channel.
Choice is a publishing unit of the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association. Founded in 1964, Choice has for over 50 years been the premier source for reviews of academic books and digital resources of interest to scholars and students in higher education. Please visit Choice at www.choice360.org for more information.