Nominating committee seeks candidates for 2018 election
CHICAGO - The Nominating Committee for the 2018 ALA election is soliciting nominees to run on the 2018 spring ballot for the offices of ALA President-elect and Councilor-at-large.
The Nominating Committee will select two candidates to run for President-elect and no fewer than 50 candidates for the 33 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2018 spring election.
The President-elect will serve a three-year term: as President-elect in 2018-19, as President in 2019-20, and as Immediate Past President in 2020-21.
The Councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2018 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2021 Annual Conference.
The ALA President and Councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association [ALA-APA]. Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Members who wish to make nominations should submit the following information: nominee name; present position; institution; address; telephone; fax; and e-mail address. Self-nominations are encouraged. All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form.
If you wish to run for President-elect, please go to https://ala1.directnominations.net.
If you wish to run for Councilor-at-Large, please go to https://ala2.directnominations.net.
You will be asked to create an account in order to access the form. Nominations and forms must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
Nominations may be sent to any member of the Nominating Committee for the 2018 ALA Election. Committee members are:
- Michelle Jeske, Chair, City Librarian, Denver Public Library, Denver, CO, 720-865-2100, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helen Adams, Retired School Librarian, Fremont, WI, 920-677-4484, email@example.com
- Maurice D. Coleman, Specialist III – Technical Trainer, Hartford County Public Library, Belcamp, MD, 410-273-5600, ext. 2281, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vicki Coleman, Dean of Library Services, North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University, Greensboro, NC, 336-285-4151, email@example.com
- Regina H. Gong, Head of Technical Services & Systems, Lansing Community College Library, Lansing, MI, 517-483-1663, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beatriz Guevara, Library Manager, Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, Charlotte, NC, 704-716-6401, email@example.com
- Jack Martin, Jr., Executive Director, Providence Public Library, Providence, RI, 401-455-8000, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anne M. Prestamo, Dean of Libraries, Florida International University, Miami, FL, 305-348-3461, email@example.com
- John F. Szabo, City Librarian, Los Angeles Public Library, Los Angeles, CA, 213-228-7515, firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2018 ALA elections will take place March 12-April 4, 2018.