Registration and housing open for the 2017 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition in Chicago
For Immediate Release
Registration and Housing Manager
ALA promises the same outstanding content, professional development, and networking opportunities as always at the 2017 Annual Conference in Chicago, IL, June 22-27. Early Bird registration and housing are open as of noon (Central time) on Thursday, February 2, 2017 at alaannual.org.
Attendees from all over the world will have access to the latest on futures thinking, digital content, e-books, innovation, library transformation, community engagement, books and authors, leadership, advocacy, policy updates, and more. They will be informed, inspired, and entertained through:
- Learning and connection with colleagues at 500+ programs, discussions, and sessions, formal and informal.
- Future-focused content and resources.
- 900+ organizations and companies whose experts on the latest technologies, services, products, and titles at the most extensive library exhibits in the world.
- Memorable events and speakers including: founder and CEO of Girls Who Code Reshma Saujani; authors Sandra Uwiringyimana, Colson Whitehead, Matthew Desmond, and Kameron Hurley; poet and activist Nikki Giovanni; environmentalist and author Bill McKibben; “Science Guy” Bill Nye with co-author Gregory Mone; CEO of YWCA Metropolitan Chicago Dorrie McWhorter; experts on technology and its relationship to childhood development and literacy Chip Donohue, Sarah R. Lytle, and Lisa Regalla; and many more TBA.
- Preconferences offering in-depth professional development.
- Hundreds of authors.
- A great time of year to enjoy Chicago and its rich cultural resources, events, restaurants, lake, and parks.
The best earlybird registration rates are available through March 22, 2017. If you need help in making your case to attend, these resources can help.
ALA Annual Conference—Transforming Our Libraries, Ourselves