CHICAGO – The Public Library Association (PLA) is pleased to announce the full roster of coaches for the PLA Leadership Academy: Navigating Change · Building Community, March 20-24, 2017, in Portland, Ore. These experienced public library leaders and city managers will provide attendees with professional insight and support, with one coach for every four attendees.
- Carolyn Anthony – former director (retired), Skokie (Ill.) Public Library
- Audra Caplan – former director (retired), Hartford County (Md.) Public Library
- Karen Danczak Lyons – director, Evanston (Ill.) Public Library
- Liz Miller – former assistant city manager (retired), Tucson, Ariz.
- Raymond Santiago – former director (retired), Miami-Dade (Fla.) Public Library
- David Singleton – director, Charlotte Mecklenburg (N.C.) Library
- Felton Thomas – director, Cleveland (Ohio) Public Library
This special event will offer intensive, empowering leadership education for public librarians who want to increase their capacity to lead not only within the library, but also in the community. Interested participants must apply, submit two letters of recommendation and be accepted to participate. Applicants must be PLA members and MLS/MLIS librarians with at least five years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library. The application deadline is September 19, 2016, and applicants will be notified of their acceptance status by November 30. Attendance is selective and will be limited to twenty-eight (28) participants. Visit the PLA website to apply.
About the Public Library Association
PLA is the largest association dedicated to supporting the unique and evolving needs of public library professionals. Founded in 1944, PLA serves nearly 9,000 members in public libraries large and small in communities across the United States and Canada, with a growing presence around the world. PLA strives to help its members shape the essential institution of public libraries by serving as an indispensable ally for public library leaders. For more information about PLA, visit www.pla.org or contact the PLA office at 1 (800) 545-2433, ext.5PLA, or firstname.lastname@example.org.