Products hot off the press, special events at the ALA Store in Orlando
For Immediate Release
American Library Association
Located just inside the Shuttle Bus Entrance at the Orange County Convention Center, the ALA Store offers products that meet the widest range of your promotional and continuing education/professional development needs—as well as fun gift items. Make sure to carve out some time in your schedule during the conference to stop by and examine the many new and bestselling items available!
ALA Store hours:
- Friday, June 24 12:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Saturday, June 25 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday, June 26 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Monday, June 27 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
ALA Graphics will feature a selection of popular posters, bookmarks, and promotional materials, including new 2016 Teen Read Week and Banned Book Week items. And stop by early to get your pick of conference t-shirts—they sell out fast! We’ll also be introducing several brand new items and exclusive gifts:
- Libraries Transform Expert Badges
- CSK Book Award T-shirts
- CSK Book Award Pashmina (limited quantity and only available at the Conference Store)
ALA Editions and ALA divisions are excited to offer several new titles hot off the press, such as “RDA Essentials,” by Thomas Brenndorfer; “Engaging Babies in the Library: Putting Theory into Practice,” by Debra J. Knoll; and “The Librarian's Nitty Gritty Guide to Content Marketing,” by Laura Solomon. Come by the ALA Store for these special Meet the Author events:
Saturday, June 25
- 11:00 am: Richard Moniz and Jo Henry (co-authors, “Fundamentals for the Academic Liaison”)
- 12:00 pm: Rick Anderson (author, “Libraries, Leadership, and Scholarly Communication: Essays by Rick Anderson”)
- 1:30 pm: Michael Stephens (author, “The Heart of Librarianship: Attentive, Positive, and Purposeful Change”)
- 2:30 pm: Starr Hoffman (editor, “Dynamic Research Support for Academic Libraries”)
- 4:30 pm: Maxine Bleiweis (eLearning facilitator, Survive and Thrive as a Library Director – A Four-Part Interactive Event)
Sunday, June 26
- 12:00 pm: Dorothy Stoltz (co-author, “Inspired Collaboration: Ideas for Discovering and Applying Your Potential”)
Remember that you can now find titles from ALA Neal-Schuman and Facet Publishing in the ALA Store. You can also get free shipping on all book orders placed in the ALA Store (posters, bookmarks, and other gift-type items are not eligible for this offer).
Prices at the ALA Store automatically reflect the ALA Member discount, so there’s no need to dig out your Member number. And remember that every dollar you spend at the ALA Store helps support library advocacy, awareness, and other key programs and initiatives!