PLA 2016 Virtual Conference brings learning and networking to you
For Immediate Release
Manager, Membership Marketing
CHICAGO — Registration for the PLA 2016 Virtual Conference is now open. On April 7-8, 2016, the Public Library Association (PLA) will share a condensed, live and online PLA Conference with public librarians and public library workers who can’t make the trip to Denver.
The PLA 2016 Virtual Conference will consist of live programming, including five hour-long programs each day, plus opportunities for networking and author interviews with Lindy West and an additional guest still to be announced. Programs are chosen from among the highest rated in PLA’s session preference survey.
Confirmed PLA 2016 Virtual Conference programs include:
- 52 Weeks of STEM at Your Library
- Bite-Sized Staff Training: Transform Staff Development for Busy Employees
- Data Driven Collections: Right-Sizing Library Collections
- Design Thinking at Your Library: Try Try Again
- Designing for Patron Behaviors
- Early Literacy Outreach for Teen Parents
- Extraordinarily Engaged: How Three Libraries are Transforming Their Communities
- How Two Libraries Quit Summer Reading and You Can, Too
- Libraries = Education: Reclaiming Our Purpose for the 21st Century
- Play Your Way to an Engaged Staff
PLA is offering both individual and group registration for the virtual conference. Individual registration is $240 for PLA and CAL personal members, $295 for ALA personal members, $350 for nonmembers and $115 for students. Group registration is $595 and allows a single location to host the virtual conference for multiple attendees.
Register for the PLA 2016 Virtual Conference at www.placonference.org/virtual-conference. Registration closes on Friday, March 25, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. Central.
Offered biennially, the PLA Conference is the premier event for public libraries, drawing thousands of librarians, library support staff, trustees, friends, and library vendors from across the country and around the world. Find complete details at placonference.org and join us in Denver!
For more information about other PLA events and programs, contact the PLA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 545-2433, ext. 5PLA, or visit www.pla.org. PLA is a division of the American Library Association. PLA’s core purpose is to strengthen public libraries and their contribution to the communities they serve. Its mission is to enhance the development and effectiveness of public library staff and public library services.