Nominating committee seeks candidates for 2017 election
For Immediate Release
Director, Office of ALA Governance
NoOffice of ALA Governance
CHICAGO - The Nominating Committee for the 2017 ALA election is soliciting nominees to run on the 2017 spring ballot for the offices of ALA President-elect and Councilor-at-large.
The Nominating Committee will select two candidates to run for President-elect and no fewer than 50 candidates for the 33 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2017 spring election.
The President-elect will serve a three-year term: as President-elect in 2017-18, as President in 2018-19, and as Immediate Past President in 2019-20.
The Councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2017 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2020 Annual Conference.
The ALA President and Councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association [ALA-APA]. Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Members who wish to make nominations should submit the following information: nominee name; present position; institution; address; telephone; fax; and e-mail address. Self-nominations are encouraged. All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form available at https://www.directvote.net/alanomination/2017users.html .
Nominations and forms must be received no later than July 8, 2016.
Nominations may be sent to any member of the Nominating Committee for the 2017 ALA Election. Committee members are:
- Steven Bell (Committee Chair), Associate University Librarian, Temple University Samuel L. Paley Library, Philadelphia, PA (215) 204-5023, E-mail email@example.com
- Jose Aguinaga, Library Faculty, Glendale Community College, Glendale, AZ, (623) 845-3204, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Theresa S. Byrd, Dean, University Library, University of San Diego, (619) 260-2370, E-mail email@example.com
- Dr. Gail K. Dickinson, Associate Dean, Graduate Studies & Research, Darden College of Education, Norfolk, VA (757) 683-6777, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vicki Morris Emery, Media Coordinator, Lake Braddock Secondary School, Burke, VA (703) 426-1049, E-mail email@example.com
- Carl A. Harvey, II, Instructor of School Librarianship, Longwood University, , Farmville, VA (434) 395-2608, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Rachel Rubin, Library Director, Bexley Public Library, Bexley, OH (614) 231-9709, E-mail email@example.com
- Felton Thomas, Director, Cleveland Public Library, Cleveland, OH (216) 623-2827, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandy Wee, Library Services Manager, San Mateo County Library, San Mateo, CA (650) 312-5276, E-mail email@example.com