Registration and housing open January 19 for the 2016 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition
For Immediate Release
Registration and Housing Specialist
ALA Conference Services
Chicago—ALA promises the same outstanding content, professional development, and networking opportunities as always at the 2016 Annual Conference in Orlando, FL, June 23-28. Early Bird registration and housing are open as of noon (Central time) on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at alaannual.org .
Attendees from all over the world will have access to the latest on futures thinking, digital content, e-books, innovation, library transformation, community engagement, books and authors, leadership, advocacy, policy updates, and more, as they enjoy networking and social events. They will be informed, inspired, and entertained through
- 500+ programs, discussions, and sessions
- Memorable events and speakers (including actress and immigration reform activist Diane Guerrero, and teenage entrepreneur, philanthropist, and more Maya Penn)
- 900+ exhibitors – the newest titles, hottest products, emerging technologies
- Preconferences, in-depth professional development
- 100s of authors
- Conversations--facilitated and informal, planned and impromptu
- ALA JobLIST Placement Center
- Events and programs related to the ALA public awareness campaign, Libraries Transform,
Since the ALA Annual Conference was last in Orlando, attendees will also find an updated, walkable conference campus, plentiful restaurants in the adjacent Pointe Orlando, and good taxi services.
The best earlybird registration rates are available through March 16, 2016. If you need help in making your case to attend, these resources can help.
ALA Annual Conference—Transforming Our Libraries, Ourselves